The Soccer Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Soccer Thread

Damn, i didnt watched Spain-USA cuz i was playing football outside, but Wow, its not that i underestimate Usa, i know they can play well, but my jaw dropped when i saw 2-0. Kinda sad that spain is out but happy that the usa made it.

Next is Brazil Vs. South Africa

aww i thought this was american football
    well i was watching mexico vs venezuela but
    i didnt see it all can someone give me the final score
    Saul "Canelo" Alvarez

Comment

Spain 0 - Usa 2 , it should of been 4-0 though , read on.

Well spain were not really tested yet untill they met Usa.

Who were just too good for them , spain tried there very best to break the Usa defence , but just could not do it.

Plus Usa were attacking back at the same time they were defending brilliant.
      Usa played like real proffesionls and beat the wussy spain.

Working thier ass off hard specially in the defence.
      Keeper was great aswell
      This is thier best achivement ever .

Usa were even hard done by the red card thier player got which was maybe not even a yellow.

Plus the dogey linesman gave 2 offsides which were well onside.
      Both times the player would of been 1 on 1 with the keeper , so max it would probably be 4-0 end of the game if that did not happen.
      Even the commentry team said it was well on side , but they shut up soon as they said that.
      These were not close decisions , both the times they were well inside the line.
      Lines man had a very good view of it aswell.

I have seen decisions given wrong in so many matches i have seen in my life.
      But these 2 off side decisions were the worst ever, i am sure he meant to do that to let spain try to come back.

If they won 4-0 , spain would of been humiliated.

The linesman was recieving orders in his earphone.
      Bastards

Comment

Don't think SA would pull off a surprise today against Brazil eventhough I like them I don't think it's possible.

Comment

aww i thought this was american football
          well i was watching mexico vs venezuela but
          i didnt see it all can someone give me the final score
          mexico won 4-0

well game about to start.

Comment

^Watch the highlights ,then feedback plz max.
            It was the best game of the tournament so far.

Brazil vs South Africa

Well South Africa just don't have a good squad at all.
            They have been woefull throughout the tounament.

I like them , but how can they beat brazil if they can't play well , they don't have the good or experianced forwards and thier defence is terrible.

If somehow SA win , it would be the most shocking ever.
            I would say that brazil just gave it to them.

It just aint possible , u can't compare the Usa with SA.

Usa are a much better team and they would have a chance to beat them but hell no SA.
            Last edited by >War|Gamez<; 06-25-2009, 05:52 PM.

Comment

^Well SA really held up well against Brazil just that 88th minute freekick from Daniel Alves spoiled the party for SA huhu.

Comment

What happend to brazil even though SA played decent.
                A detailed review is coming up tommorow.

Comment

Watch the highlights ,then feedback plz max.
                  Well i cannot say much from the highlights, the usa had some great opportunities in the first minutes of the game. Great effort by Altidore to score the first goal. Casillas got a piece of it, but still the ball got in. Then Spain attacked, Howard and Usa's defence was tested, but both were solid. I expect more from Usa than they did vs. Brazil in their first encounter.

Speaking of Brazil, I wanted SA to win. I enjoyed the game until Alvez scored lol. At first SA were playing like amateurs, truly, but the more the game was advancing the more SA was taking control of the game at some point. The missed some great opportunities in the first half, especially the header from the capitain Mokoena i believe. Khune was solid, even if the shots wernt that dangerous. Right now SA dont have a team to compete with the best imo. they need a key player that will pull them throught. Pienaar, Tshabalala, Modise, Gaxa, they played well.

SA resisted long enought to keep brazil from scoring.

Cant wait for 2010, because this is a great preview of whats to come with more teams.

Comment

The Brazilian goal
                    <object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n9sfkn0MkoM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n9sfkn0MkoM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Comment

Man this is bs lol, look at santana's face he is about to cry. While watching the game i feared a late goal and thats what happened. I wanted SA to win.

Now Go Usa

Comment

Max did u watch the game carefully.

I watch every game very carefully , cause i have seen dogey shit in the past world cups since 98 and it just spoils the tournament like that.

They did not start well either.
                        Since 30 mins into the game till the end brazil were not in sync, most of the playes looked like they did not want to bother playing . Kaka and few players was like working hard to create chances and score a goal , but other players around him were acting like they did not give a shit, so he stayed pissed all game.

I knew some bullshit will happen with brazil.
                        It's either the ref or something else, this time it was something else.

Plus if your team is playing shit , they came out second half no changes, ramirez was playing shit tired out along with luis fabiano and robinho , so they just had to be subtituted, it was bringing the whole team down .
                        Don't forget the defence , 2 players were looking very tired and abused yet not even 1 of those were changed till the end of the game.

He had some top players on the bench , like pato , batista and alves who could instantly change the game and create good chances and score.

But the coach did not make a change till the game was about over and alves came on and scored in the 88th min.
                        Which coach in the world would not make changes especially in the semi when your team is playing rubbish and looked like they were more likely to lose.

No coach would do that is the answer, even the commentators were shocked , like what is goin on, why won't he sub players.

They were baffled and so was i, because i have never seen shit like this before.

Something was not right before the game started and it affected the whole team and coach acting dogey.

If brazil played thier natural game as they were playing before the semi and coach done subs , they would have comfortably beaten SA iam pretty confident about that.

Taking nothing away from SA , they played thier best game in the tournament and it is not that they did not let brazil play thier game , but it is brazil who were not trying them selves.

U are a world class team , u play all good games before and suddenly your up against the host SA and suddenly the whole team performance dies out,they don't feel like playing attitude and the coach don't want to make changes to the players till nearly the whistle blows.

I don't buy it.

Something was definitely not right

Reminds me of very similar shit that happend in the 98 world cup to brazil.

Next Usa vs Brazil.
                        I hope the final is clean & good, hopefully it wont be like this.

I hope both teams play at thier best and may the best team win.
                        Last edited by >War|Gamez<; 06-27-2009, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Well some kind of upsets can happen from time to time.

Anyway tomorrow should be good.

Comment

Darn I was watching the news and the broadcaster just bloated out the score of the Spain v SA game. I was pissed because I wanted to watch a delay broadcast the crappy thing about it is I would have to wait way until 6hours after to watch the final which would be all on the news.
                            Last edited by Umbaka; 06-28-2009, 04:07 PM.

Comment

2-0 so far for the USA.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X