This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is A Free Post or Spam?

ok since theyre is alot of debate about this topic on the site as of lately i figured id lay it out nice and simple for all parties concerned.

Free-Post:

A free post can be one of several things.. most common is "props", "thanks", "awesome", " appreciate the link"... stuff like that.
    when we see posts like that number 1, it does absolutley nothing for the particular conversation going on, and number 2 it makes it abundantly clear if you have a record with multiple posts like these that your just trying to get your post count up to access the download section or the VIP server...

another type of free post is just your garden variety where others are involved in a thread convo and you have nothing positive to add to the conversation, so you just say something like "yea i agree" or "very true" or some random shit im sure you get the point.

Rule Of Thumb - if you can look at your post and its a couple words.. its more than likely to be considered a free post. And if your post brings nothing to do with the topic at hand, its more than likely to be considered a free post.

there are threads where free posting is accepted a couple examples would be "last movie you saw?" thread or the "what are you listening to?" thread...this does not mean you can post in those types of threads constantly to get your post count up.

when your in them threads nobody expects you to write a book or nothing.

also you may see other people like myself or a "color" user with a short post, and say hey what the hell your freeposting. not true sir the whole free posting issue pretty much goes out the window after 150 posts.

why u ask?

because by the time you get to 150 posts you have proved you an active member you will have full access to the site and realistically you would have no reason to go runnin around postin like a mad man.

Spam Posts:

This is very easy to understand any post you make refering other people to another website is technically a spam post.
    Now, the only spam posts we are really concerned about are spam posts that redirect our users to other "2pac" sites for example. if your on another site and your here to recruit our members you will most likely be banned.

If there are any questions or i did not make something clear enough, please feel free to ask... there are no dumb questions.. also if you have anything to add feel free to say it and me or another admin will edit the original post and add it in there...
    Last edited by Chuck Dirty; 06-01-2009, 07:24 PM.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X