Jay-Z & Eminem Double Up For "DJ Hero" Game, "I Have A Ton Of Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay-Z & Eminem Double Up For "DJ Hero" Game, "I Have A Ton Of Content

Jay-Z and Eminem have teamed up for the upcoming release of DJ Hero to provide the video game with exclusive content and work behind-the-scenes.

Both rappers will help provide a rap twist to the urban-based game.

A limited edition comes with the rappers' exclusive new greatest-hits CDs, possibly including previously unreleased tracks, plus an advanced version of the controller, a DJ stand and metal traveling case. Jay-Z and Eminem will serve as consultants to Activision and the game's developer, FreeStyleGames. The complete list of tracks the rappers are providing is still being worked out. Jay-Z plans on including "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)" and "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" for sure. Also possible: tracks from his in-the-works Blueprint 3 album. (USA Today)
    Jigga has confirmed his role with the upcoming project.

"I have a ton of content, I just need the pipeline," Jay said in an interview. "I love the freedom of [DJ Hero]. I could wake up tomorrow morning with the idea for a song and call the guys at Activision and start working on getting it out...You can actually get lost [playing]." (Woooha)
    Em also dished out a few details revolving around the release.

"I don't want to give away any surprises yet," he said in an e-mail interview. "DJ Hero will include my music, and I'll be providing additional material as downloadable content by the end of the year...This is a game I can see myself actually playing. DJ'ing is fundamental to rap music, so it's a great fit." (Rap Radar)
    In addition to providing fans with music by 50 Cent, N.E.R.D., KRS-One, Beastie Boys and more, players will take the role of an actual deejay.

DJ Hero has a fine disc jockey pedigree, with contributions from DJ Shadow, mash-up guru DJ Z-Trip and plane-crash survivor DJ AM. Players will "utilize and master various DJ techniques including scratching, blending, cross fading and sampling," according to a press release, "leaving room for creative expression with a variety of effects and player-chosen samples and scratches". Presumably, they will also learn how to ruin a party with bad tunes. But if spinning records gets too boring, DJ Hero has some other options. You can, for instance, ignore all that "DJ" stuff and have an MC battle using the game's microphone controller ? or even play guitar using your Guitar Hero controller. (Guardian News)
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X