This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Upgrades/Performance Increases

I have made a number of upgrades to the site recently, mostly aimed at increasing performance, but also patching a few security vulnerabilities that were discovered.

The sites software, vBulletin, was upgraded to the latest version, vb4.1.11. This upgrade had a number of performance fixes and java changes.

I have also upgraded the PHP used on the site to the latest version. This again is to increase performance and patch a security vulnerability found in the older version of PHP.

I have also moved the sites images to what is called a "CDN" Without going into too much detail, a CDN is used to host files from your website on other, faster servers called "EDGE" servers, so that there is less strain on the server. For more information on CDN's and how it works, see this link:

I have also made a number of template edits to tweak the site in various ways to make it faster, as well as added what is called "CSS Sprites" Fore more information on CSS Sprites, see the below link:

This article has been revised and re-written several times since its very first publication in 2007, to keep the information current. The most recent revision

With all these changes, there is the possibility that you wont get the full effect of the changes due to browser caching. It is actually possible that you may be having issues on the site, due to your browser cache not matching what is on the site.

To rectify this, I found a link that has almost every browser that is used out there, and instructions with screen shots on how to clear your cache.

I would recommend anyone who is having issues on the site, or who doesnt feel the site speed has increased as much as it should, to follow the instructions at the link found below, to clear your cache, and get your browser working with the site as it should be.

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email, shoot me a PM, or make a thread in the Letter to the President Section.

some good updates, all goin smoothly

Comment

Also, one thing that may help is if everyone could go to the main page (http://www.2pac-forum.com) and push (and hold) control, then push f5. This will force a full refresh on the site, regardless of the cache

Comment

Good job Josh! this is good that you upgrade vbulletin.
        i watch one Pac forum and they stupid administration can't detect that hes site hacked...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli*the*don View Post
          Good job Josh! this is good that you upgrade vbulletin.
          i watch one Pac forum and they stupid administration can't detect that hes site hacked...lol
          Glad you like the updates and upgrades Makaveli

What site got hacked without the admin knowing..? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Draven View Post
            Glad you like the updates and upgrades Makaveli

What site got hacked without the admin knowing..? lol

Anyway they have vbulletin 3.8.4 this version has many vulnerabilities

Comment

hahaha nice 1 man

Comment

tupacnation got hacked also it looks like lol

Comment

tupacnation got hacked also it looks like lol
                  @007 @Draven

The following shows when i enter the 1st page of the "Last Album u heard all the way thru" thread from the link in the Music Section .. Is my PC just fucked up or is it nothing?? Just thought i should let u know

Comment

That means there is a link somewhere in that thread to the site listed there. I am on my phone but one of the mods please find the link and edit it out of the thread.
                    [MENTION=747]Papaveli [MENTION=911]Big G.O.V. [MENTION=608]MrMaroosh [MENTION=933]2Lek [MENTION=856]LarsVerb @Duka

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Omar View Post
                      @007 @Draven

The following shows when i enter the 1st page of the "Last Album u heard all the way thru" thread from the link in the Music Section .. Is my PC just fucked up or is it nothing?? Just thought i should let u know

Think i got the fucker... you wanna try again now [MENTION=7784]Omar

if it's fixed for you too, it was a post from 2009 gone stupid lol

Comment

Think i got the fucker... you wanna try again now [MENTION=7784]Omar

if it's fixed for you too, it was a post from 2009 gone stupid lol
                        it probably wont be fixed immediatly as far as getting that error. we will have to wait until google crawls it again

Comment

lol .. post gone stupid... hehehe

its gone..yeah i think u got the little fucker .. Mr. Postbuster!!! LOL

( hmm... , "Postbuster", not bad)

@Draven
                          Last edited by Omar; 03-14-2012, 05:06 PM.

Comment

yeah i thought i did, it was one of the first posts in the thread from kace... am image linked from that thomstonemusic site in your screenshot

so props on the screenshot omar, that helped make it real easy to find

Comment

yeah i thought i did, it was one of the first posts in the thread from kace... am image linked from that thomstonemusic site in your screenshot

so props on the screenshot omar, that helped make it real easy to find

actually, i saw months back .. just slipped my mind i guess .. wonder if i saw more ... ah .. probably not .. But thanks

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X