Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i like the raw logo- old school gritty simpler look. hoping they ditch the shitty LED bulb set and bring back the red ring ropes. too damn bright and fancy for my taste. PG killed wrestling. and I hope they have unique sets for each PPV event, not just the same raw set.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhyhorn View Post
      Oh, I read my version somewhere and just took it as fact lol. I wasn't watching the product when that match took place so I never saw it first hand
      yea it looked bad. a 56 year old man shouldn't be doing that sort of thing lol.

Comment

• Wow, RAW was actually pretty good tonight (and Battleground last night was amaze balls). Few rough spots, but I'll be damned if it wasn't the best RAW is years

Comment

• What you guys think of the brand split? This would have been the perfect opportunity for Shane to bring back WCW. Have the whole storyline center around unfinished business since Invasion where Vince got rid of WCW. Practically make it where Shane felt like he needed to bring someone back that kicked Vince's ass before. Shane with Sting or Eric Bishoff as his GM would have been fantastic. The reason as to why I think they should have brought back WCW is because WCW brings back a lot of nostalgia for most people. It would be a great way to get monday night war fans back in the mix, it would also help with wcw specials on the network, give reason for 2k to use wcw legends within games, and you would be using well known monikers. Vince drove them out of business but he owns the trademarks. He can do what he wants with them. They could have had Shane take over smackdown, draft everyone the same but have virtually no titles other then the US title. Then have Shane bring back the WCW world title, WCW Tag and WCW women's title. Rebrand the show as WCW Tuesday Night Smackdown. From there you could have WCW branded paperviews like Halloween Havoc, Starcade, World War 3, Sold Out, Bash At The Beach, Clash of Champions. Survivor Series would be Team WWE vs Team WCW. Night of Champions/Clash of Champions would be Champion Vs Champion. Bringing back WCW would also bring back old titles that have history and prestige. The WWE making new Universal titles is strange. They have no value, no prestige, no lineage. Also strange Raw gets a Universal title and smackdown gets universal tag and universal womens. These will be pushed as main titles and young fans will be confused which titles means more. It devalues the titles they have now. Kids will think universal means more since the universe is bigger then the world. So these old WWE titles will not mean as much. Bringing in WCW titles changes that because they already have prestige, and you wouldn't have to give it wacky universal title names.

Obviously this would never be like the monday night wars but they would get some type of in house competition back with it. Bishoff will not handle money or contracts like he did. He would just be a character. The WWE would be making money off of these monikers that are inactive. It is a new era but bringing the past back along with it would have been a better option. I rather have WCW titles instead of Universal titles that mean shit, anyday of the week.
          Last edited by JQuest; 08-06-2016, 05:22 AM.

Comment

• i think the brand split was needed. raw has been refreshed, just the use of red ring ropes again is great. anyone catch the 2Pac mention on smackdown this past week?

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkyMark View Post
              i think the brand split was needed. raw has been refreshed, just the use of red ring ropes again is great. anyone catch the 2Pac mention on smackdown this past week?
              didnt catch it i dont think....what was it?

Comment

• Originally posted by BoNity View Post
                didnt catch it i dont think....what was it?
                "we're in the 2pac timezone feeling the california love" it was right at the beginning by the commentator with the glasses, his name eludes me.

Comment

"we're in the 2pac timezone feeling the california love" it was right at the beginning by the commentator with the glasses, his name eludes me.
                  David Otunga? He's made a few rap references already, but I probably missed that one

Comment

David Otunga? He's made a few rap references already, but I probably missed that one
                    I think he means marlo renalo or something I cant think of his proper name
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by adoutlaw View Post
                      I think he means marlo renalo or something I cant think of his proper name
                      Oh yeah, he's Canadian

Comment

nah the white guy. not JBL. even JBL has mentioned Pac before on Raw. JBL knows his shit too.

Comment

• I miss the era I grew up with, 90s into 2000s was surreal

Comment

• Uh, that Universal title belt... talk about a missed opportunity to have something different, instead they slap a red strap on the WWE World Title and call it a day. I accepted the Women's title design because I figured they want women to seem equal to men, so they have the same design, same size, different strap. But this Universal title's (lack of) design bothers me more than it should.

SummerSlam was decent (but fucking long as shit) and the match order was damn weird, but it was solid I guess. They definitely should have ended on Rollins vs Balor, no idea why they had the two world title matches before the US title match (sort of) and the Lesnar snooze fest (just lock up and wrestle a bit Brock, I know you can do it).

Comment

Uh, that Universal title belt... talk about a missed opportunity to have something different, instead they slap a red strap on the WWE World Title and call it a day. I accepted the Women's title design because I figured they want women to seem equal to men, so they have the same design, same size, different strap. But this Universal title's (lack of) design bothers me more than it should.

SummerSlam was decent (but fucking long as shit) and the match order was damn weird, but it was solid I guess. They definitely should have ended on Rollins vs Balor, no idea why they had the two world title matches before the US title match (sort of) and the Lesnar snooze fest (just lock up and wrestle a bit Brock, I know you can do it).
                              what happened to orton was brutal, i couldn't believe my eyes.

Comment

what happened to orton was brutal, i couldn't believe my eyes.
                                Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what lead to that decision, much worse than the similar incident with Cena a couple years ago. It just seems out of place to me.

Oh, and I didn't comment on the ring posts... what the fuck were they thinking? Jesus, talk about 2 steps forward and 10 steps back

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X