Ciara Explains Importance Of Women’s History Month, Talks Super C Alter-Ego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ciara Explains Importance Of Women’s History Month, Talks Super C Alter-Ego

With just a few days left of Women's History Month, singer Ciara wants to make sure she honors the women who paved the way before her.

In a blog entry posted at GlobalGrind.com, Ciara explained by the month of March is so important to her.

"I wanted to remind everyone that it's still Women's History Month," she wrote. "And even though we stay strong 12 months a year, I'm particularly proud to honor this month with all the amazing women that have paved a path for us from the Underground Railroad’s Harriet Tubman to fashion icons like Iman to even our amazing First Lady Michelle Obama."

Ciara says there are a few traits that the female gender carry with them and help keep them connected across the world. Those being: "hard work, perseverance and a natural flair that only women can pull off in high heels".

"I'm really passionate about this because I'm sure all of us, at some point, have been knocked down," the singer explained. "At work, at home, emotionally, mentally, and we thought we wouldn't be able to make it out, but somehow we do it."

Before ending her blog entry, she goes on to explain how she deals with the everyday pressures of being a celebrity. Somehow, when she throws on her super hero cape, those problems fade away. This "inner superhero" as she calls it, exists in every female.

"With all the gossip and jabs media throw at celebrities, sometimes I don't know how I deal with it, but that's when my inner superhero, 'Super C', comes to the rescue," says Ciara. "I'll tell you more about her another time, but she keeps me going and pushes me to overcome any obstacle or boundary that's in front of me and honestly, we all have that inside of us."

For more information on the history of National Women's History Month, visit NWHP.org.
    SourcE:Ballerstatus.com
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X