X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the games the same for both systems

Like can u play the grphics or ones better then the other

Well from what I've seen its different with each system.The graphics on the xbox 360 and ps3 tend to be way better than the graphics on the Wii.

Comment

In my opinion i think the ps3 has the best graphics. If you want to add me my PSN is RELENTLESS619
      If you could get money to kill people
      You could get money to help people

Comment

the xbox 360 will pass up ps3 graphics
        the 360 will eventually jack the blue ray from ps3 and make it better
        just like they did wii with the avatars
        F-N-F
        THE REMIX KING
        / Certified Music Critic

Comment

Originally posted by Fatal-N-Felony View Post
          the xbox 360 will pass up ps3 graphics
          the 360 will eventually jack the blue ray from ps3 and make it better
          just like they did wii with the avatars

Naw the Ps3 is wayy better the the 360. More reliable to, better software.
          Although i mite get a 360, i hope i don't get the red ring of death . just my opinion though

Comment

One Nation Under God, i have my X360 for a long time now and i never seen any ring of death, am i lucky? =)
            The 360 is better for graphics even if the PS3 is also a good system it's just more aliased, compare the Pro Evolution Soccer games or any sports games, i see a difference, the X360 is better that's a point.

Anyone has play ' Dead Rising ' or ' Lost Planet ', these games are old now compare to Gears Of War 2 or others but they still' impressive, take a look and you will see that the X360 is absolutly awesome.
            KDash Makaveli / Bay Area addict addict ...

Comment

Originally posted by KDash View Post
              One Nation Under God, i have my X360 for a long time now and i never seen any ring of death, am i lucky? =)
              The 360 is better for graphics even if the PS3 is also a good system it's just more aliased, compare the Pro Evolution Soccer games or any sports games, i see a difference, the X360 is better that's a point.

Anyone has play ' Dead Rising ' or ' Lost Planet ', these games are old now compare to Gears Of War 2 or others but they still' impressive, take a look and you will see that the X360 is absolutly awesome.
              Well thats your ipinion..... I PERSONALLY like the ps3.....and yes you are lucky that you havent got the red ring,

Comment

Reasons why i think ps3 is better

you are better off getting a ps3 because...

- ps3 has a built-in blu-ray player

-ps3 supports 1.3 HDMI which has rich colors and xbox supports 1.2 HDMI

- ps3 has much more and better exclusives, most of them cant go to xbox 360 because it cant handle that many data(DVD- 8.5gb, blu-ray 50gb)

- because of the blu-ray's huge space, ps3 will have WAY better graphics than 360

- online is free for ps3 not like 360

- ps3 will have over 300 games released by this spring

- you can browse the internet on ps3, no such thing for xbox 360

- when developers get used to the system, the graphics will be WAY better than 360. should take them a year to get used to it

- developers stated that they will start using ps3 as the lead platform and port ps3 games to xbox

- playstation home, its a virtual community where you can hang out with friends and customize your own apartment which xbox doesnt have(FREE)

- ps3 is a true HD console. xbox 360 upscale games to 1080p and ps3 DISPLAY games up to 1080p

- built in Wi-Fi

- xbox 360: 33% hardware failure
                ps3: .2% hardware failure(see the decimal? less than 1%!)

- ps3 has better back-comp except the 40gb

- rumble returns in spring 2008

- you can upgrade your harddrive without voiding warranties with any 2.5 HDD, which xbox cant because you have to buy a xbox HDD
                (they actually have the step by step on how to upgrade it on playstation.com)

those are the ones that i know right off my mind but there are much more reason than this

Now I want you to do me a favor, list all the reasons why xbox is better than ps3. I PROMISE you that nobody will get at least 5 reasons

Prices as of today:
                160gb ps3 $499.99(comes out in november)
                ps3- 80gb: $499 with metal gear solid 4
                80gb: $399 ( this is the 80gb core pack)
                xbox 360(premium)- $299.99
                (elite)- $399.99
                if you want the accessories that ps3 comes with, that would add up to over 650 dollars, so that means ps3 is actually cheaper

Let's compare PS3 and XBOX 360:

1). A third of XBOX 360 (33%) are malfunctioning right from the start. PS3 return rate is only around 0.2%. Despite some people say, that new 360 has no breakdown issues - just visit Xbox section of Yahoo answers and see for yourself an amount of complaints.
                2). PS3 has 8 (7+1) kernels in Cell processor, Xbox 360 -only 3.
                3). PS3 uses advanced tech called Blu-Ray, one disc can store up to 54 gb (in the future - up to 200 gb), Xbox 360 - regular dual layer DVD-9 (8.5GB). It's possible to get HD-DVD (max. - 30GB) for 360, but it'll cost you around 180$, in this case Xbox is going to be MUCH more expensive, than PS3.
                4). Calculations per sec - PS3 - 51-billion-dot-product-operati... per second
                Xbox 360 - 33.6-billion-dot-product-opera... per second
                5). PS3 has full media support - USBs, built-in 4 slots card reader (except 20GB and 40GB versions), ability to use printer and so on.
                Xbox 360 has USBs and only 2 memory slots.
                6). PS3 supports up to 7 Bluetooth Controllers
                Xbox 360 - up to 4 Controllers
                7). PS3 - wi-fi included (except 20 gb version)
                Xbox 360 - wi-fi will cost you around 100 $
                . Graphics are stronger in PS3, due to RSX chip, that was developed by Nvidia exclusively for PS3. RSX runs on 550 Mhz. It's difficult to compare their graphics chips, because 360 has a video chip with totally different structure and operating memory is divided differently in both consoles. However, PS3 exclusives look better than 360's exclusives.
                9). PS3 uses technology from AGEIA company. It does to physics of the game same thing GPU (videocard processor) does to graphics. This thing is on sale for PC(special card). The price is around 350$. There is no such thing in 360.
                10). Xbox 360 is widely known for so-called "red ring of death" problem - it gets overheated easily. My PS3 was running for more than 15 hours non-stop with no problems. Sometimes Xbox 360 becomes so overheated, that thermopaste on CPU melts, drips on motherboard and successfully shortcircuits it. That's why in some countries people call Xbox 360 "Coffin 360".
                11). Besides all of this, I've seen disassembled Xbox 360 - regular PC architecture - Billy Gates is an uninventive nerd (as usual).
                When I saw disassembled PS3 - it was a surprise - smart architecture, good cooling (don't buy external PS3 coolers - they make everything worse - original system is good), etc.
                12). In 2008 PS3 will get more than 300 games, including Metal Gear Solid 4, The Agent and other great exclusives. Here is the good link to the future PS3 releases. IGN PS3: Games, Cheats, News, Reviews, and Previews......
                13). PS3 online is free, Xbox 360 - you have to pay.
                14). There were reports, that 360 scratches discs. No reports on that in PS3.
                15). The funniest thing, that right now there are no games for PS3, that show full potential of the console. Biggest games weigh only 25 GB (Xbox 360 will need more than 3 discs even for those).
                16). On PS3 you can install other OS, such as Linux Yellow Dog, Ubuntu and others. Sony officially lets you do it. There is no such thing in 360.
                17). PS3 HDD can be replaced easily with any 2.5" SATA 5400 RPM HDD (used in laptops). 250 GB will cost you around 170$. In 360 you have to buy exclusive HDD, where 20GB will cost you 100$.
                1.Sony expects PS3 to stay on the market for, at least, 7-10 years. Also Sony reduces price now. There is a cheaper 80GB version of PS3.
                19).Sony constantly upgrades PS3 software (free updates for OS) - you get new functions and improvements.
                20). PS3 controller (sixaxis) has a motion control - you move controller - game responds. Wii has it, Xbox 360 - doesn't. PS3 is getting rumble controller (Dualshock 3) in 1st quarter 2008, Japan already has it. On eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices I saw those controllers on sale 50$ and up (unofficial import)
                21).On PS3 you can help sick people by running Folding Home project. Wii and Xbox 360 didn't even think about it.
                22).New 80GB is 399$ or 399 euro (depends on the region) - it has no backwards compatibility with PS2 games, has 2 USBs instead of 4, no built-in card reader, but it's the same PS3, strong, reliable, less noisy, different cooling system. The price is friendly. And one more thing the ps3 is way nicer!!!!

Comment

wow .. one nation under god .. nice summary post .. I've been switching back and forth on which system to buy (until now I've preferred PC gaming) .. the blu-ray and the game titles have been pushing me towards the PS3 .. cheers

Comment

Usually the 360 version ends up being the better game out of the two, mostly because developers find it much easier to develop a game for the 160 rather than the PS3 because of the hardware; plus, they've had more experience with the 360 being out a year sooner than the PS3.
                    Waterproofing my life with Flex Tape.

Comment

if u get the ps3 over the xbox 360(i have both) ur gonna have a bad time(for real lol)
                      F-N-F
                      THE REMIX KING
                      / Certified Music Critic

Comment

Well for graphics i would put xbox360 and ps3 on the same wave lenght , i really see no difference.
                        But i do see the xbox360 gives many more game titles and game play seems to be better on the 360 on many titles ,well it does depend on the game as well.

There are more reasons why 360 tops ps3.

But overall 360 is a better console.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                        Working...
                        X