Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one you are most comfortable/familiar with.

Industry standard/most used in mastering facilities is WaveLab by Steinberg.
    Last edited by Nikola; 11-15-2010, 03:41 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

how can i record something from cassette 2 my pc ? in details if u can

Comment

Connect outputs from cassette player to line-in of computer soundcard,
        then go to control panel, click on "Sounds and Devices" icon and under "Record" tab go to "Sound Recording" section and change microphone/input to line in/input or what ever input u connected your cassette player
        After that
        open Audacity or Sound Forge or WaveLab, press Record in software, and on cassette player press Play.
        sigpic

Comment

thanks brother

Comment

Vinyls that are released today from new artists, are they pressed from the same master used for the CD, and are they also subject to the loudness war?
            SC:dopehouseuk

Comment

Vinyls and CDs that are released today from new artists, are not pressed from master tapes, but from computer 24bit 192khz WAV file, everything is tracked inside computer now. Some people still use master 1/2 inch or 1/4inch tape as mixdown format, to add lil bit of warmth saturated sound that lacks in digital recordings, so after mixdown to WAV or to tape, they master it and press on CDs and Vinyls.
              and are they also subject to the loudness war?
              volume is the same as on the CD. so the answer is: yes.

I'm very glad people are aware of loudness war and are interested in "production" section on this site
              Last edited by Nikola; 11-19-2010, 04:06 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nikola View Post
                Vinyls and CDs that are released today from new artists, are not pressed from master tapes, but from computer 24bit 192khz WAV file, everything is tracked inside computer now. Some people still use master 1/2 inch or 1/4inch tape as mixdown format, to add lil bit of warmth saturated sound that lacks in digital recordings, so after mixdown to WAV or to tape, they master it and press on CDs and Vinyls.

volume is the same as on the CD. so the answer is: yes.

I'm very glad people are aware of loudness war and are interested in "production" section on this site
                Thanks for the info Nikola. It makes me laugh to see artists destroying the music that they make just to "stand out" from each other.
                They shouldn't even bother with the mixing process no more, because their mastering is terrible .

Comment

Nikola I would like to know, is there any software or any way to make a audio file the same volume all the way through? Reason being is I want to loop a beat from bits and pieces from a song, but they are all different volumes.

Comment

You can do that manually, with gain staging, adjust the gain fader.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ok I have a question, Can you take crappy mp3s like How many shots will it take, enhance the vocals, and blend it with say the instrumental of Fright Night? How hard is this?

Comment

You cant enhance vocals, but layering those 2 instrumentals wont be problem if tempo is same. it should sound better.
                        sigpic

Comment

Awesome, would you be willing to do this? I love that song.

Comment

Send me instrumental and how many shot will it take.
                            sigpic

Comment

I dont think there is an instrumental for fright night, could you re create the beat and make a vibe? i can send you what I have. I understand that may be alot of work. So if you cant then no worries, and thanks for the offer.

Comment

^ The beat is loopable from fright night, if you know how to do it.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X