My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
      Vinyls: 60
      Cassettes: 110
      CDs: 216

Comment

• Originally posted by Exodus View Post
        nice!
        I try to build a small "The Crow" collection
        I was tempted to build one too, should not cost a lot (I'm talkin about the first, the real, the original The Crow, not the fakes)

Comment

• Originally posted by PainIsLove4Thugz View Post
          I was tempted to build one too, should not cost a lot (I'm talkin about the first, the real, the original The Crow, not the fakes)
          in my dimension "The Crow" doesnt have sequels

Comment

• Bought these 2 in the last week bringing the total Blu Ray Count to 607 and the Total Film count to just under 800 on my Home Server.

The Blu Ray Collection

Comment

• There is nothing that is more a waste of time+money than buying DVDs and Blu-Rays. A superior format will be introduced before I watch the movies bought the 2nd time. Still... I sometimes end up buying something. Bought the Wolf of Wallstreet Blu-Ray. Price was the same as rental, so it doesn't really matter if I never watch it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slut View Post
                There is nothing that is more a waste of time+money than buying DVDs and Blu-Rays. A superior format will be introduced before I watch the movies bought the 2nd time. Still... I sometimes end up buying something. Bought the Wolf of Wallstreet Blu-Ray. Price was the same as rental, so it doesn't really matter if I never watch it again.
                I could argue sitting around and posting on a 2pac related message board is a bigger waste of time, but I won't go down that road. (Or perhaps Video games (which I also enjoy) or even Gear Heads who like to supe up or modify their cars) What I will say is that there is a very real cultural significance to movies, and unlike music, hold up over time far far better. Films are also unfortunately following the path music has taken. Purchasing films isn't as simple as going to the local store anymore. If it's not a new release, odds are you'll have to purchase it online, if you can find it at all. On top of that more and more films are going the route of limited editions. I have several films in my library that only 1000 Blu rays were produced, and that's it, perhaps forever. Even worse, sold out films often go for 10x their original asking price. I could name several films I purchased for $10 - $30 that now regularly sell for $100 - $300.

Purchasing DVD's at this point is equivalent to purchasing a 128kbps mp3 or a cassette tape... their's value to be had, but it's small. Blu Rays are the last true mainstream physical format. Its successor has already been announced (4k Blu Ray) and will be debuting next year, however it is guaranteed to carry price tags of closer to $50 per film. On top of that, many films have already reached their pinnacle in how good they can look. Older films that aren't considered classics don't get the multi-million dollar restoration that the Gone with the Winds, Star Wars, Wizard of Oz's get, and thus are already showing signs of not taking advantage of what Blu ray and HD can do. Moving on to a newer "better" format in 4k won't make a bit of difference if the master/source files are still full of problems. It's for that reason only the very latest movies will receive the 4k treatment to go along with the Iconic classics, meaning if you haven't been purchasing films now and for the past few years, you're NEVER going to see the films as good as they can possibly look or hear them in startling clear lossless audio.

Digital downloads are fine for watching on phones, computers and tablets, but they are a HUUUUUUUUGE weak comparison to a solid Blu Ray in a real Home theater. I've spent a lot of time and money in my Home Theater, why bother with cassette level quality, when I can approach perfection?

Comment

• got following Blu-Rays

Ghostbusters 2 Blu-Ray Steelbook

Bloodsport Blu-Ray Mediabook Cover A

Dark Angel Blu-Ray Mediabook Cover B

Halloween (2007) Director's Cut Blu-Ray

The Amzing Spider-Man 2 3D Blu-Ray Magnetic Neo-Pack

Originally posted by Slut View Post
                  There is nothing that is more a waste of time+money than buying DVDs and Blu-Rays. A superior format will be introduced before I watch the movies bought the 2nd time. Still... I sometimes end up buying something. Bought the Wolf of Wallstreet Blu-Ray. Price was the same as rental, so it doesn't really matter if I never watch it again.
                  mr negative again

I would like to know what you do in your free time? staring at your walls?
                  I know you are married and that you have kids but hey, even they need time for themself! so what do you in your free time when no family member is around you?

for me watching movies or series is to relaxe after a hard working day.

Is good to watch old movies in great quality ....The Thing is a 80s movie but the video quality is so great + it looks better than video quality of latest Blu-Rays of movies which were in cinemas 1-5 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exodus View Post
                    what do you in your free time when no family member is around you?
                    Mainly golf or photography... Got pro gear for both of those hobbies - plenty of money and time wasted there.
                    Last edited by Slut; 09-15-2014, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slut View Post
                      Mainly golf or photography... Got pro gear for both of those hobbies - plenty of money and time wasted there.
                      see, some people would say these kinds of things are waste of time and expensive

Comment

• Preordered!!

Make Sure To Visit My Website FlacMafia.net
                        Welcome To South Florida! Coming Soon!!

Comment

• pre-ordered these 2 nice mediabooks

The Crow Mediabook Cover A (limited to 666 copies)

The Crow Mediabook Cover B (limited to 333 copies)

so far I have:
                          The Crow (1st German DVD release) with holo cover
                          The Crow (1st German Blu-Ray release) Steelbook SEALED
                          The Crow (2nd German Blu-Ray release) Amaray SEALED
                          The Crow (German Hartbox Cover A) 2 copies SEALED

zavvi will release a blu-ray steelbook next year, I hope the cover will be nice otherwise I dont need it

Comment

• pre-ordered this blu-ray steelbook

The Crow (zavvi exclusive)

Comment

• [MENTION=458]Exodus are you collecting movies too ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Passion View Post
                                [MENTION=458]Exodus are you collecting movies too ?
                                2PAC, games, movies and few tv shows

I'm building a The Crow sub-collection

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X