This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Performance Issues

Please use this thread to post any issues you have had with the site since the change to the new web host. I want to try and fix them all so we can start the new year off right. Let me know what browser you use if you are posting a problem as well.

the smiley faces, when you type them in manually you get this
    As far as anybody in the rap game ever tryin' to assassinate my character, that's impossible. You talkin' about a man who has always walked the walk and talked the talk.

Comment

some times it either takes the sb some time to load or when youre clicking in a thread it takes a while for it to load, but other than that its flawless oh yeah and the smilys dont work in the sb or anywhere else.

Comment

Occasionaly when I'm on the board, it will take ages for the page to load, or not even show up at all.. It will say its loading but the actual destination page doesn't come up.. (Internet Explorer)

Comment

Sometimes the default vbulleting layout theme (nm light) gets messed up, only text shows up, but no images...
          sigpic

Comment

yea, I've only had the sb taking time to load problem so far, im using firefox and apart from that, it seems a lot faster
            Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn't even seem to be livin'... until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin
            Where blood has been shed the tree of forgiveness cannot grow

Comment

when i click on new posts it don't shows MY new posts, i can only see others posts, but not MINE!! this is new for me....

Comment

Originally posted by the gov View Post
                when i click on new posts it don't shows MY new posts, i can only see others posts, but not MINE!! this is new for me....
                yes this is a change i made. post/thread views update in real time now since we are on a faster server. technically a post that you make is already "read" by you so it doesnt need to show up as a new post.

the smiley's problem seems to be the same as Nikola's problem. I believe it has to do with images. I will attempt to fix that now.

Comment

smileys should be working now

as for the issue where it seems to be loading but never does, that is a problem i need to work on with host gator. for now when that happens just refresh (f5) and the page should load instantly.

Comment

Perfic!
                    As far as anybody in the rap game ever tryin' to assassinate my character, that's impossible. You talkin' about a man who has always walked the walk and talked the talk.

Comment

after the first couple days.. it would let me on for like a min and then it was just lag out and wouldnt load anything if i clicked a thread.. so i would have to get off the site for like five minutes before it would let me back on again... but for the last two days.. the site has been running the best it has ever ran for me.. its crazy fast!

Comment

problems with logging in, doesn't save the cookies (username+pw), when I click on a topic in firefox suddently I'm logged in, in IE I can't login.
                        Is this something in my browser settings or some issues with the forum?
                        This is a problem I have for a couple of days

Comment

Originally posted by felix11 View Post
                          problems with logging in, doesn't save the cookies (username+pw), when I click on a topic in firefox suddently I'm logged in, in IE I can't login.
                          Is this something in my browser settings or some issues with the forum?
                          This is a problem I have for a couple of days

thanks I am looking into this one as well. There are 2 major issues that I am still having with the site on the new web host.

1. Sometimes the page/images will load very slowly or not at all
                          2. Cookies arent working properly.

One thing you can all do to help is to sign out, and then clear ALL of your browsers cookies. Then sign in again and make sure you check the box that says Remember Me

Comment

Slow at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikola View Post
                              Sometimes the default vbulleting layout theme (nm light) gets messed up, only text shows up, but no images...
                              had the same problem its not a style issue its a loading error due to time out. Refresh the page and it will be fine. Didnt have it in a while though. I think i know the solution... working on it

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X